Our dentists may recommend ARESTIN® gum treatment if you have a more severe case of gum disease. This a safe and effective antibiotic we apply after scaling and root planing to help you fight back against this serious dental disease. Give Boyertown Family Dental a call today at 610-367-1511 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jay Valenci, Dr. Dhaval Shah or Dr. Keyur Patoliya and learn more about ARESTIN gum treatment in Boyertown, Pennsylvania.
ARESTIN (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic medication used to eliminate harmful bacteria and fight gum disease. ARESTIN comes in the form of a powder. This powder contains microspheres of medication, which our dentists and team place inside your periodontal pockets following a scaling and root planing treatment. Once placed, these microspheres gradually release the antibiotic medication to actively fight gum disease for 30 days. Within 90 days of your treatment, you should see significant improvement in your oral health.
Following your ARESTIN treatment, please:
- Make sure to stay hydrated.
- Do not touch the treated areas for one week.
- Do not floss or use toothpicks in the treated areas for 10 days.
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy or sticky foods for one week following treatment.
- Limit or stop your use of tobacco products, including smoking, as these will slow your healing process.
- Keep your follow-up appointments so that our dentists can monitor your gum disease.
Remember, ARESTIN antibiotic treatment is most effective as part of a good oral hygiene routine. Please continue to brush and floss regularly to help keep your mouth clean and control the harmful bacteria and plaque in your mouth.
If you have any questions about ARESTIN antibiotic gum treatment or would like to set up an appointment with our dentists, give us a call today.